Tuesday, February 5, 2008

exploring all things aquatic



I have some new work on the way for my patient viewers...Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I have a slight obsession for all things aquatic. Having been raised on the Mediterranean I've had the pleasure of enjoying the sea & all it's bountiful treasures first hand.

I have recently been studying the gorgeous works of Albertus Seba who documented all kinds of marvelous creatures of the sea...I can't wait to show you what I'm up to!


5 comments:

  1. i absolutely LOVE this book - i saw a copy for sale at a good price a while ago but never got it... argh. Next time, next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, can't wait to see what you have got in store for your fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are my favourite kinds of scientific drawings to pore over.

    and this is the cause for much excitement---seriously, shirin, do you sell? because i will definitely buy.

    love from leila

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, maybe i should have added the important caveat If I Can Afford.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amy- definitely get the book, it's too good to pass up!

    ews- i can't wait to show you!

    leila- of course i sell my work! Believe it or not it's what I do for a living...if you'd like to get price estimates e-mail me at shirinsahba@gmail.com & I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have ;)

    ReplyDelete